Monday, June 3, 2013

This Runner: 22 Months Later

Between this two race results are stories of almost giving up, and the strong will to forge on!
First 5K - Mom in Balance Pink Ribbon Run in Amsterdam Bos - 28th of August, 2011


If you look at the right hand side of this blog page, you'll see that I obviously have a thing with countdowns.

 As I write this blog, it says that it is 65 days to my second running anniversary.  Still more than two months to go, and I am very excited to celebrate it.

There have been a lot of changes: major and subtle ones; obvious changes and those not discernible to the eyes of those, who do not know me personally.


a before and after picture of 13 months of running

I like the person I have become after 22 months of running, and hope to still be better and stronger.


If in the process of recording all these changes, I can inspire myself to constantly and consistently continue this path I am now, I'm sure, I'll acquire peace I seek.

If I can inspire others, even one person to make themselves strong  -  mind, body and soul  - by pursuing a healthier lifestyle, I know I'll have fulfillment I yearn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!