Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Change, a Never-Ending Adventure

Something I shared in FB last year, 5th of October, 2011 (the blog is edited and modified for this post)

I created a photo-journal album there (August, 2011), I entitled, My Running Story - A Journal to record all about my running from it's early humble beginning to aspiring for more higher goals.  The purpose of sharing the photo-journal was also to keep myself motivated with the help of family & friends, and hold myself "publicly" accountable with the goals I set for myself


He is able who thinks he is able. -Buddha

It was high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, Always do what you are afraid to do. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No one can persuade another to change. Each of us guards a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside. We cannot open the gate of another, either by argument or emotional appeal. - Marilyn Ferguson
The image I share is  personal poster I created of a book I have owned since 2005.  You could also see the watch given to me by mijn liefste P right after my last race -  Run2Day Ladies' Damloop: 4M (6.4 km)...nothing fancy, but I LOVE IT sooooooo MUCH!

An excerpt from my posted blog (04.10.11) somewhere else:
 
Transitions. We all go through them, in different frequencies.

What I've learned, and am acknowledging now with these daily logs (physical training, and thoughts about it), it becomes easier when you record your progress.

I still would like to write differently as I am doing now but I am satisfied that I am at least  proving to myself in a daily manner my own commitment
(as in the past successful blogging projects).

Yup, that's what I remind my brain, what it has already learned, and needs to commit completely to memory, as well as the following thoughts:

We aspire to do a lot of great things things, but sometimes we are only capable of the simple things.

In the end, we are pleasantly surprised that there we are - we achieved what we have aspired through those simple things, and not through those great things we would rather always represent us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!