Monday, April 16, 2012

Next Race: Hilversum City Run 2012

The old city hall of Hilversum (Oude Raadhuis, Hilversum/Museum Hilversum), now housing a museum. If you look closely, you will see by the door of the the museum's balcony, mijn liefste P is standing carrying our Littlest months shy away from being 2 y.o.

moi @ Hilvertshof in Hilversum

This coming Sunday, 22nd of April, I am running once again a 5K; this time my family and I do not have to take a long drive because it's in Hilversum, a neighbouring town.
The town is often called "media city" since it is the principal centre for radio and television broadcasting in the Netherlands - Wiki
I would be writing more about Hilversum during my marathon training when I move from short distance running to long distance running.  You could also read about the Hilversum bike trails I will be documenting at, The Lightness of Being on the Bike.

This is how I would be continuing with my marathon training as weeks progress: bike the course I would be running, and take pictures of what catches my attention to share here and at my two other blogs.

I would love the journey of the marathon to be as memorable as the marathon itself - shared with all of you.

Back to Hilversum City Run, or as they call it in Dutch Spieren voor Spieren City Run ( this is actually the name of the charity group , who is the main organizer of the event.  Spieren means muscles in Dutch) is in it's 9th edition and is considered one of the biggest annual running event held in the center of the town.

The organization of the Spieren voor Spieren City Run works hand in hand with Hilversum Events Athletics Foundation in cooperation with the Gooi Athletic Club (GAC)


 There will 5 categories for various runs for distances for children, 5K and 10K.

SKH Kids Run
11.30 uur 3000 m
11.45 uur 1500 m 
11.55 uur 1500 m 

12.05 uur 1500 m 

Sherpa Ladies Run
12.15 uur 5 km
12.25 uur 10 km

Hilvertshof Wegwedstrijd
13.10 uur 10 km

ABN AMRO Business Run

13.40 uur 5 km
13.50 uur 10 km

OXXIO Prestatieloop

14.50 uur 5 km
15.00 uur 10 km


Participation in this event is not only good for the body but for the soul as well because the event is sponsoring Spieren voor Spieren (link is only in Dutch) charity.
From the website:
Children should be carefree in running, cycling, and playing sports! For some 20,000 children in the Netherlands this is not possible. They have a muscular disease, which limits what they can do, and would like to do.
Spieren voor Spieren help these children. We do this by calling on healthy people to take action with their healthy muscles to support children who have muscular disease. - translated from the Spieren voor Spieren website

4 comments:

  1. love the pictures! good luck on your race!

    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to run a race! But I have terrible knees so I'm unable to do so. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dutch words look so interesting! Nice building too. Good luck with the race. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing sis! I am looking forward to see more of your adventures. :) I will keep trying and will pursue the road of health and trying to stay fit. Thank you for inspiring me. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!