Wednesday, June 19, 2013

BAM: Training Day 1


Aller Anfang ist schwer - The first step is the hardest.
 
The above phrase is one of the first I learned and heard a lot from people I met, who gave me a lot of encouragement, when I begun learning German in Hamburg.




Stap voor stap - Step by step, on the other hand is a phrase I learned from my Dutch soulmom, my pseudo mother-in-law; it is something she often repeats when I feel a bit disheartened with how I am progressing with my ability and comprehension of this language.

Both phrases came to my mind when I started following the new 10-minute workout: cardio warm-up  video

I found i yesterday as I googled 'warm-up' to replace the old video clip, I have been following for almost 2 years now.

Wow. I felt quiet heavy and awkward at the beginning. I have not been working out since Luxembourg, and miss going to the gym for my soothing yoga lessons.


A 10-Minute Workout to Get the Blood Pumping

I followed up the 10 minute work-out with:

1-Minute Bikini-Booty Challenge: Split Lunge Jumps



Then, I went of for a 3.13 km run. 

No time for a relaxing 10K, and no peace at all for a quick 5K, and I was determined to underline today with a run, no matter how short the distance:my new fighting/trainig motto.

3.13 kilometers seems very appropriate to kick-off my first official training day!



What I almost never consider as a part of my daily training/workout/cardio routine is biking with the Littlest to school, and going back home, and another round of it when I pick the girls up. Usually I average 20-30 km daily on the bike.

My Frodo - a name the girls baptized my 3 year old bike.
It just now occured to me, I forgot to celebrate his birthday...
I have to check when exactly I got him. If I remember it right, it was in June.

My bike blog: The Lightness of Being On the Bike is in and out of slumber mode.

Hopefully, now that I am slowly getting back in the flow of blogging, I could do at least a once a month post there.



That was BAM: Day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!