Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Keeping Focus on Running & Simplifying Life Through Blogging OR Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


I am thoroughly enjoying blogging again.  Specially blogging about my small steps towards consistent training.

My hang-ups about sharing what I do during preparations for my multiple marathons are slowly dwindling.

Today, I stumbled across a Bruce Lee quote:


 Tao of Jeet Kune Do
In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.Actually, he keeps chiselling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Thus, contrary to other styles, being wise in Jeet Kune-Do doesn't mean adding more; it means to minimize, in other words to hack away the unessential.
It is not daily increase but daily decrease; hack away the unessential.

Blogging and writing are my tools to hack away the unessential.


created with Bitstrips and edited with Picasa 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!