Sunday, March 2, 2014

March's Running Motivation: Tough Is The New Thin

Taken before last night's 6.72 km; it is a #dressrun for #CPC14.
Tough is the new thin.

This motivational motto came to me after this week's Spring school break.

I'm proud of what I have achieved as a runner of 30 months!

I realised how much lately I have been ignoring the fact, that I was able to finish 3 marathons within those months; as a beginner runner, I ran in, around and outside of Holland within my first year. This is not simple to achieve!

How could I have let snide remarks, criticisms of those who do not matter lessen what are in fact so many achievements.

*finally pats self on the shoulder*

Gaining speed is a goal, running further another. In the core though, I am a runner that feels already  like a champion when I step out of the door, and own my run.

I run because it makes me feel alive. I run because I can escape the madness in my mind. I run because I can.

My greatest enemy: the seemingly invincible wall of doubt, fear, insecurities, which I put up against the door blocking my path from reaching my simple goal to be stronger every day.

Owning my run is smashing that barrier I and I alone put up, and I and I alone can break through, so that I can step out and put one foot in front of the other.


Being out there running, moving is winning!

Every time you go out there and smash your own barrier you are a winner.


2 comments:

  1. Got to visit your blog and I must say this blog entry about "Tough is the new thin" is the most inspiring and though-provoking. Looks like a good idea to follow your running adventures there in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by and your generous words!

      Delete

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!