Friday, April 3, 2015

Couch (HFNL AtoZ Challenge 2015)

Have you read my brief introduction to this challenge?

If not, here is the link: Introducing HFNL A to Z Challenge 2015

My personal blogging theme for this year: the places I have been in the Netherlands.  


At Happy Feet in the Netherlands (HFNL), I'll be writing about the places (which is not only limited to city, towns or villages but may also include restaurants, stores - places we go for hikes, where we sailed, or a special spot etc.) from the perspective of a runner.  

The blogs @ My Daily Mooosings in the Netherlands on the other hand will be from a perspective of an expat, mom, traveler, writer, who seeks to simplify life.


Today, "we go to" :  our Couch. Yup. You read it right! 

Technically, couch is "bank" in Dutch.  But since the typical training program of a beginner runner is called "The Couuch to 5K", I thought today's "C" place should be the couch.  Since it is from the couch of the Netherlands, that I finally got up and began running.

The first picture I share is of our couch, which is taken 1st of April, 2013. I shared it in my Facebook during the time we were moving to our new house.

 2013
in our
new house

I saw this couch for the first time in 2007, when I visited P before deciding to move to the Netherlands two years later. 

Since I will need more time to search for a picture from that time, I present you with the ones I have in archived in my Google images.



taken in our old flat


September, 2009
March, 1973

me on my 1st birthday sitting on my fraternal grandparent's couch

For the A-Z challenge, I'll keep this post short and will post a continuation to this topic.  

You can head over to My Daily Mooosings in the Netherlands for more pictures and stories of couch. :)



published from draft mode:
7th of April, 2015
23:49

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!