Monday, April 10, 2017

BACK TO BERLIN: Week 13




Too many people have refused to begin running or have quickly dropped out of running programs because they 'have no talent for it.' Ridiculous. Talent has nothing to do with it. The only thing that matters is mental discipline.
- Amby Burfoot -



This Week's Purpose


I love beginning the week with a sense of purpose.  


My purpose this week (Week 13: 10.04 - 16.04) is to research on how to be an effective runner.



***** (please, see at the bottom of the post, how I fared at the end of the week with my intentions) 



Since I almost always write a daily impression of my day in my Instagram account, I will link my daily post there, here. If you would like to read a longer recounting of a specific day, simply click on the date (when link is available!) and you will be redirected to @happyfeetnl
 



10.04.17, Monday : 20 bike km, rest from running




11.04.17, Tuesday:  20 bike km, 5K tempo





12.04.17, Wednesday:  


20 bike km and I shared my 4 minute planking routine on my IG Stories












13.04.17, Thursday

20 bike km 




 2

20 bi

14.04.17, Friday

PR on my 5K!!! I'm currently putting together my 5K story: 2011 - 2017; hopefully, you will be patient with me (I am sure you are, if you are still a loyal blog follower at this point! :D ), until I can give you the complete story of my road to this 5K PR.














15.04.17, Saturday:  

As P my beloved, K (middle daughter) and M (youngest daughter) put together a 1,000 piece puzzle, I put together pieces of my own mental process puzzle!  The result in a separate blog (continuing the series of  Detoxing Happy Feet 2017). :)






16.04.17, Sunday:  

Simple (Easter) Sunday!










Total  :    80  biking km /     11 (rounded off ) running km




***** P.S. On the purpose of this week : I discovered my new "running coach"! :D

Resting on the couch on a very lazy Sunday, M gave me a quick tutorial on how to view youtube on our SmartTV. Yup, the youngest in the family teaches the rest of us, how to use technology! :D

This is how (through random zapping!) I came across, The Run Experience.  I don't want to get into every thing I watched and every thing that I will be trying out in this blog, all out once.  So, you'll probably see/read what I have learned and what I am trying in the coming weekly training recaps.

I am excited about my training in the coming weeks, and excited to share them to all of you. Here is hoping we all learn something to keep moving forward and becoming happier & stronger runners. :)


✓ Week 1, 2 and 3 (Biking : 188 km Running (started 3rd week: 21 km)
✓ Week 4 (Biking : 60 km Running : 13 km )
 Week 5  (Biking : 50 km Running : 29 km )
 Week 6 (Biking 0 Spring BreakRunning : 29 km )
 Week 7 (Biking : 60 km  Running : 36 km)
✓ Week 8 (Biking : 43 km  Running : 35 km) 
 Week 9 (Biking :  20 km  Running : 32  km)
✓ Week 10 (Biking : 50 km  Running : 24 km) TAPER
✓ Week 11 (Biking : 50 km  Running : 22 km)  RACE WEEK/10K
✓ Week 12 (Biking : 41 km  Running : 33 km) 
✓ Week 13 (Biking :  80 km  Running : 11 km ) 




13 weeks of Biking : 642 km
11  weeks of Running :  285 km



created 10.04.17 13:01 Monday
updated   19.04.17 01:37   Wednesday

actually published 20.07.17 12:32



Blogger's Note:  Due to daily life being busy, I had a lot of my weekly marathon update written in blog draft form.  Specifically  Berlin Marathon Training Week 13 - Week 26, all remained unpublished.  Until today!

Beginning this week: Week 27, I will be regularly publishing training updates once again, every Monday.  Week 13 - Week 26 will be edited as time becomes available but I would like to finish them before my 6th RUNniversay (in 19 days!). Basically, I have at least a day for each unpublished blog draft.

Often, when I go back to piece together my own story/documentation, I can no longer recall why and how I did, what I did. hahaha ;)

This is  the original reason, why I started blogging after all: to remember and never forget! :)

The dates of the blogposts will  be the dates , they were created in draft form. I'll be publishing them with annotations (such as what you are reading , now! :D ) mainly to avoid confusion in the future!  

Specially if lots of time has passed in between; I've learned not to trust my own memory and simply write everything down. 

If you would like to read through/back from Week 13 until Week 26, you can find these posts under the tag:  

They (a total of 14 blogposts) won't show up all at once because I am still in the process of (20.07.17: 1 published blog!) finishing each post.  

It is always about the links, the notes for specific training days (thoughts/epiphanies  I had during the run, which I don't want to forget!) and my struggle to let go of my perfectionism, which makes it longer for me to publish!

Anyway! Taking a much needed rest  (from blogging, social media, training), and what I did during those breaks helped me a lot regain a more positive, productive attitude.  I've re-learned how to look at and approach everything with simplicity.  I hope my renewed energy, positive attitude, my never ending quest to simplify will continue on as I write my future blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!