Thursday, April 6, 2017

BACK TO BERLIN: Week 10





“You don't stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.” ― George Bernard Shaw


This Week's Purpose


I love beginning the week with a sense of purpose.  


My purpose this week (Week 10 : 20.03 - 26.03) is to breathe easy, take it easy. It's my birthday week!


***** (please, see at the bottom of the post, how I fared at the end of the week with my intentions) 




*Since I almost always write a daily impression of my day in my Instagram account, I will link my daily post there, here. If you would like to read a longer recounting of a specific day, simply click on the date and you will be redirected to @happyfeetnl



20.03.17, Monday : 20 bike km 

I am writing an update on this training week, 10 days after completion. (06.04.17, Thursday) Normally, I do it a couple of days after Sunday's run but life's been hectic.

Luckily, I document snippets of my day in my Instagram account*, and it helps jumpstart my memory.

My birthday was  a simple celebration made special because of the sweet way my P and our girls took care and pampered me.





21.03.17, Tuesday:  10 bike km 



Below is an impression of Sunday's LDR (19.03.17), which mentally took a toll on me.  

Two days later, I was able to take a better perspective of the run, and wrote it out of my system to process it positively.

Now (06.04.17), 2 weeks later, I was glad for that run. I write this line now for the future me, even though I know this wisdom, writing it repeatedly helps imbed it in my consciousness: a "bad run", can be better classified under "good that you've ran".  Classify an experience positively helps power future long runs (or any new endeavours!).






22.03.17, Wednesday:  


20 bike km, 0 running, 3 minutes planking

My stomach was still not well, and that's why I decided to take one more day to rest from running.









23.03.17, Thursday:  

0 biking, 7 km tempo run

This was a good day of running! Mentally fit and the body enjoyed it.





24.03.17, Friday: 0 biking

Whoop! An unexpected 5K PR!

It was a playful mix of jog/sprint/power walking. I still can't believe it and would really love to run a race just to have an official race time with this time. I know, I know! Berlin is focus and priority. This PR time will only be tested in a race, if I truly feel fit and no risk will be taken in consideration of the marathon in September. :)


plus 1.55 km
<--- about="" forgot="" i="" nbsp="" p="" this="" was="" what="">Maybe I walked this distance home after the intervals.



25.03.17, Saturday

This was a run to test, how switching my LDR from Sunday to Saturday will affect the dynamic of our family's weekly schedule.  I think it will take a while but I hope I can permanently do a switch. Sunday to Saturday, and late afternoon to morning LDR!

It was not a pain free run. Fear and doubts came during and after the run.





26.03.17, Sunday:  RESTed while almost all my running friends ran the Zandvoort Circuit Run!



Zandvoort Circuit Run

2012 5K
2014 5K
2016 12K





Total  :   50  biking km /   24 (rounded off ) running km



***** P.S. On the purpose of this week : done! 


✓ Week 1, 2 and 3 (Biking : 188 km Running (started 3rd week: 21 km)
✓ Week 4 (Biking : 60 km Running : 13 km )
 Week 5  (Biking : 50 km Running : 29 km )
 Week 6 (Biking 0 Spring BreakRunning : 29 km )
 Week 7 (Biking : 60 km  Running : 36 km)
✓ Week 8 (Biking : 43 km  Running : 35 km) 
 Week 9 (Biking :  20 km  Running : 32  km)
✓ Week 10 (Biking : 50 km  Running : 24 km) 

10 weeks of Biking : 471 km
8   weeks of Running : 219 km



 created  27.03.17 12:41 Monday
updated  10.04.17  11:59 Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!