Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Ice(land), Ice Baby!




If there was a problem
Yo, I'll solve it!
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it



Graffiti Fun


I LOVE running and fitness community challenges because they are usually the impulse I need to add play to my training!

It is the most important part of the process, and often forgotten: peppering fun in the run.

Today, as part of my warm up for my run, I graffitied the wall of our garden shed :D



Would you like to learn more about this challenge, I am participating in?

Monday Motivation: Warming Up with GL2R


Shut Up Brain!


The "fun art" (plus dancing along  to Ice Ice Baby tune ! :D )  helped shut my brain up.

My brain almost always nag me, when I am about to go out for a run; it nags the loudest, when I am simply thinking of a quick short run!

What does it nag? Don't go out!

I talked a lot about tricking my brain, and I want to share more on how I do this, here on my blog to help those who struggles with procrastination and mental blocks.


Play!


The brain loves play. Not chores.

Sometimes running evolves into a chore.

We usually become too focused on achievements and performances.  The fun of the run soon turns into doldrums.

This should not happen because running is after all a hobby for most!


You can create your own fun, OR join in the fun others create!

The main goal: participation.


Breaking 6*


It's been a long time since I  *seriously* made speed my running goal.

I know from experience, how creating "time goals"/ "be faster goal"/"PR goals" can backfire on me.

It's one of those  fun killer -  if you let it!

Not anymore!


I am making sure I am doing necessary steps (slow build up, balanced training, warm-up, cool down, stretch, roll, strength exercises, yoga etc etc) NOT to get injured.

I am making sure I shut my brain up!


Fast has it's price.  Always.

What I would like to keep in mind, in my process is: NOT to take everything TOO seriously. Specially myself!

I don't want to work hard to be faster and lose fun in the process. It is a price I am unwilling to pay.

My motto: go have fun or go home!



*run my next marathon under 6 hours; run below 6'00'' average pace during training


Oh By the Way... :D


Great run, today! Second week of training started off well.





My mind, and my heart are graciously accepting the speed I am building up to. :)))

My mental blocks are reduced immensely after finishing Berlin Marathon 2017 
(done, check, accomplished!!!).

My heart literally &  metaphorically profited from heart rate training & documenting the training I did for Berlin.  Humble, small steps, they were and I am feeling the rewards of being patient. 

I am enormously grateful.



Follow my new training cycle under the hashtag:

#1togoto2

Vanilla Ice

Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow


I wish I can tell you that once you've overcome mental blocks, you are completely free of them!

What I can say about this:

like life, you overcome crisis, you get strong and when you encounter the next new hurdle, you get more creative - each and every time.


:)





Yo man, let's get out of here
Word to your mother
Ice ice baby
Too cold
Ice ice baby
Too cold too cold






25.10.17
Wednesday
21:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!